Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fabulous Fifties Fun!

Yesterday was our 50th day of school!  
 
I have never celebrated this day, but I have always wanted to.  We dressed up in 50's clothing (but I never got a picture of my outfit, complete with a poodle skirt).  Here is one precious cuties all dolled up for the fun:


Our day was filled with learning and excitement.  We played sight word bowling.  I wrote sight words on several sets of bowling pins that I borrowed.


Then I placed my cuties into groups and they bowed away.  


They had to record the words that fell over using the recording sheet from my {FREE} Sight Word Bowling activity on TPT.


We also played a letter/sound game from Growing Kinders Rock Around the Clock unit from TPT.  Students spin a "record" and record the matching letter sound.  



For math we are working on patterns, so I die-cutted a bunch of "records" and we made different patterns with them.


Then we recorded our patterns on a recording sheet I grabbed from Little Warriors' blog.


Of course, we ended the day with a Sock Hop!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my what I cute idea!! I just might have to do this....we aren't to 50 days yet!

    Sarah
    Clearly Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun, I am celebrating our 50th day next week with my K4 kiddos, can wait to rock around the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a precious idea! I have never celebrated the 50th day of school...so cute!!

    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, we just celebrated the 50th day of school and this was the first year I did it. Each table made chain links to 50, and they worked together so well. I *really* like the idea of the 50's costumes. I am TOTALLY dressing up next year! If you have a moment, stop by my blog. I just put up a bunch of new freebies.

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...