Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Valentine's Week!

What a fun week we had!  I just love Valentine's Day oodles!  Before I tell you all about our fun, take a look at a gift one of my cuties gave to me:

 I got a giant, pink, fluffy dog!  How cute is he?!?

Anyways, we really enjoyed a lot of activities from Mrs. Maya's Valentine's Unit that I snagged during to Super Bowl sale.

We also worked on more CVC words with a Valentine's twist.


 I put my cuties in pairs.  Each pair received a bag with 10 heart shaped boxes from the Dollar Tree (of course).  Each box was numbered 1-10 and inside had a CVC picture.

 
 They opened them up and recorded the word on a recording sheet.

Click the pic below to grab it from my website.



We also created Valentine's glyphs.




Click here to get this glyph from my website.

On Valentine's day, we enjoyed searching for our missing candy that the Sweetheart Snatcher stole.




We found them in the tissue box!

We also enjoyed delivering Valentine's cards dressed as post office workers.  


(I received these from a Donors Choose grant.  You can see my completed projects here.)

We also played Valentine's bingo.


You can grab it here from my website.

For our yummies, we made parfaits.



Also, if you want to share the love, please consider donating to my Donors Choose project and use the match code HEART to have your donation matched.  We only need$61, which is actually only $31 with the match code.  Click below to donate.


I have to get ready now for my presentation on Monday.  I am teaching my campus on our PD day.  Yikes!  Have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love those little love bugs!! Adorable!!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ladybug glyphs. So adorable. I love all your ideas.
    Sherry
    Kindergarten Milestones

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...