Friday, March 28, 2014

"Chick" us out!

Happy Friday, everyone!  We have been anxiously awaiting our chicks in our classroom and they arrived yesterday and a few more today!  We have six so far and a few more were pipping when I left school today.




Before these cuties arrived, we predicted how many would hatch with this little prediction chart.


Of course much of the week was spent learning the life cycle and using things from my unit on TPT.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Chicks-A-Life-Cycle-Unit-1175708




I used the vocabulary cards to make this life cycle chart.


My cuties also created a life cycle puzzle from the unit.


Yesterday was the due date of our chicks, so we made these little hatching chicks and I gave my cuties a little egg with a tiny chick inside for them to keep.



Thanks for "chicking" out our chicks!

5 comments:

  1. Where do you get your eggs and incubator? I would live to do this with my kids but have no idea where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pet chicken is a great on-line site for classroom resources. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I bought the pack after I asked the question and found all the info! Thanks so much for all you share! I will definitely be looking into doing this next year!

      Delete
  2. Hi Erica
    How adorable new little chicks are. I love your craft with the chicks hatching and will definitely file this idea for future use.
    With thanks
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...